Insurance Services – Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation
Through the years, Marshall Dennehey's Insurance Coverage/Bad Faith Litigation Practice Group has evolved into a full-service insurance litigation solution for national and global insurance carriers. Far beyond coverage and bad faith litigation counsel, our Insurance Services practice group has developed a full suite of innovative services designed to meet the the needs of our insurance carrier clients.
From Florida to New York, we use creative strategies to effectively control exposure, avoid litigation and transfer risk, while protecting our clients' brands and industry position. Our legal services include counsel and defense of issues arising from commercial, personal, and specialty property and casualty policies, professional liability policies, health/life policies and workers' compensation policies.
The Insurance Services Practice Group is led by Jim Cole, as the northeast head, and Michael Packer, shareholder in our Fort Lauderdale office, overseeing the south. While the group’s 30+ attorneys provide continuity in legal services across the board, Mike and the southeast team have a keen understanding of the unique coverage issues inherent to the state of Florida. Supported by a network of outstanding associates, paralegals and support staff, we are adept at helping clients navigate all aspects of the most complex coverage disputes, first-party property and automobile litigation.
We have successfully represented and defended insurance companies in first-party and bad faith litigation in both state and Federal courts. We are experienced in issues concerning institutional discovery, corporate designee/apex/employee depositions and the tactics utilized by plaintiffs to leverage settlements. By providing strategic advice both before and during litigation, we assist clients in analyzing available coverage and minimizing future risk. When it is in the client's best interests to proceed to trial, our experienced trial attorneys are prepared to rigorously defend the most complex insurance coverage and bad faith cases.
Our services include:
• Coverage Consultation
• Coordinating Counsel Services
• CAT Operation Coverage Strategies
• First-Party Property Coverage/Litigation Services
• First-Party Automobile Coverage/Litigation Services
• SIU/Fraud Coverage/Investigation/Litigation Services
• Indemnification Risk Transfer Strategies
• Bad Faith Strategic Evaluation
• Bad Faith Litigation
• Policy Language Review
• Administrative/Insurance Department Representation and Strategies
• Claims Practices Consultation and Services
• Institutional Discovery Consultation and Services
• Development of Guidelines and Best Claims Practices Strategies
• Training and Educational Development from commercial, personal and specialty property and casualty policies, professional liability policies, health/life policies and workers' compensation policies.
The Insurance Services Practice Group serves clients from our 19 offices located throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Florida, Ohio, and Connecticut, and in neighboring jurisdictions in Maryland, West Virginia and Kentucky. We welcome the opportunity to meet you and to discuss solutions to your litigation challenges.