Dram Shop, The Toxicology and The Law
“Dram Shop, The Toxicology and the Law” for the National Academy of Continuing Legal Education.
This online course is an overview of the toxicology of alcohol with a focus on the legal aspects of dram shop cases. Presenters discussed the many scenarios of civil litigation where alcohol may be involved, shared insights, unique challenges, and modifications surrounding a dram shop jury trial that took place during COVID-19.
Attendees will learn:
- To identify two types of tolerance from alcohol use.
- Describe the correlation between blood alcohol levels and signs of visible intoxication.
- Identify 3 key pitfalls in the litigation of a dram shop case.
- Identify 1 challenge in litigating a dram shop case from the defense side.
- Identify 1 challenge in litigating a dram shop case from the plaintiff side.
To learn more about how to attend this online course, click here.