Amusements, Sports & Recreation Liability
Marshall Dennehey's Amusements, Sports & Recreation Practice Group is nationally recognized. The firm's clients are involved in virtually every aspect of the broad field of amusements, sports and recreation including theme parks, water parks, and professional sports teams to small carnivals local skating centers, fitness centers, camps, trampoline courts, climbing walls, and zip lines.
Litigators in our practice group have made amusements, sports and recreation a principal focus of their practice for over 20 years. Our litigators publish and lecture frequently in their areas of concentration and provide commentary in the print and broadcast media on breaking legal stories. Our involvement in standards development provides us with advance information on emerging standards and legal requirements for our amusement clients.
Our litigation defense attorneys are members of industry, trade and professional organizations including the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), the Outdoor Amusement Business Association (OABA), the National Association of Ride Safety Officials (NAARSO), the Ice Skating Institute of America (ISIA), the New Jersey Attraction Association (NJAA), the Pennsylvania Amusement Park Association (PAPA), the World Waterpark Association (WWA), the International Recreational Go-Kart Association (IRGA) and the American Society of Testing and Material (ASTM) F24 Committee on Amusement Rides and Devices.
Many of the lawyers in our group have positions of leadership in the amusement, sports & recreation industry.
- Counsel to the New Jersey Amusement Association
- Member of the IAAPA Government Relations Committee
- State-licensed soccer coaches
- Counsel to the International Recreational Go-Kart Association
- Member of the Risk Management Committee of the Roller Skating Association International
- Member of the New Jersey Governor's Commission on Amusement Liability
The Amusements, Sports & Recreation Practice Group is unique in many ways that distinguish us from our peers.
- An important asset to our litigation defense group has been membership in the International Amusement and Leisure Defense Association, Inc. (IALDA), a network of defense counsel and insurance professionals who concentrate their practices in the sports and entertainment field. IALDA members communicate confidentially regarding expert witnesses and other defense resources throughout the United States and Canada.
- Our litigators have played an innovative role in the development of national insurance programs in the amusement industry. Program administrators have relied on our expertise for drafting risk management guidelines and designing accident investigation and loss control programs. Most recently, we served as national counsel to the insurance program endorsed by the Roller Skating Association International.
- Our amusement industry clients have turned to us for advice on compliance with federal and state laws governing the amusement workplace. We have advised clients on compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and developed programs to deal with the problem of sexual harassment in the workplace.
We would welcome the opportunity to work with you in handling your Amusement, Sports & Recreation litigation and we are available to give presentations or conduct training seminars on general liability topics. We provide our clients with the highest level of services in the most cost-efficient and predictable manner possible.