The employment law attorneys of Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin concentrate their practice on the representation of employers in all areas of employment-related litigation and counseling. Annually, our attorneys handle hundreds of employment matters for clients, including insurers and their insureds, self-insured Fortune 1000 companies, joint insurance funds, state governments and local municipalities. Litigation matters are handled in each of the jurisdictions in which we practice and cover the full range of employment-related claims under the relevant federal and state statutes and local ordinances. They include but are not limited to:
- Age discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Sex, race, national origin and religion discrimination claims under Title VII
- Disability discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Section 1981 and Section 1983 civil rights claims
- Common law wrongful discharge claims
- Employment-related defamation claims
- Claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and similar state statutes
In addition to handling employment law litigation matters, we provide our clients with a full range of advisory services in order to help them avoid litigation. These services include but are not limited to:
- Staff training on employment-related topics at client’s location
- Review and/or draft employment handbooks
- Reviews of client employment policies/procedures
- Advise clients on their specific, breaking employment issues, as they arise
A significant strength of our firm is the regional representation we provide insurers and self-insureds. We have 19 offices and can handle employment matters throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Ohio and Florida. The attorneys in the Employment Law Practice Group have the requisite local knowledge and experience to provide highly-skilled and effective representation to our clients who face employment-related litigation or have employment-related issues in any of those jurisdictions.
We always handle every case with a practical, result-oriented approach which balances strong representation of our clients with realistic cost containment. Our fees are very competitive, and we work with our clients to develop innovative alternative approaches to file handling and billing which oftentimes result in significant savings to our clients.