In any business it can be very challenging when your client, your customer, your insured, your borrower, your lessee, your sub-contractor, your vendor or any other business "partner" files for bankruptcy.
Suddenly, new rules apply to your business relationship because you and your partner now have different rights and obligations, vis-à-vis each other. Successfully navigating this change of landscape is critical to making the most of a difficult situation. Marshall Dennehey's bankruptcy attorneys have the experience to help you do just that.
Drawing on over 25 years of experience handling various bankruptcy matters, our attorneys look for the best solutions to ensure that your interests are protected and that you are able to maximize your opportunities in any bankruptcy situation.
There is no limit to the types of industries or entities that bankruptcy can affect. As such our bankruptcy attorneys represent a diverse spectrum of clients. These include businesses of all types: individual creditors, commercial creditors, banks, mortgage servicers, auto finance companies, debt collectors, car-rental companies, taxing authorities, municipal entities, insurance carriers, insurance brokers, construction companies, and corporate directors and officers.
Marshall Dennehey attorneys regularly represent and defend clients in all categories of bankruptcy-related litigation, including:
- Avoidance proceedings
- Preference actions
- Fraudulent transfer claims
- Actions to determine the validity or extent of liens
- Actions to turn over property
- Violation-of-stay and violation-of-discharge-injunction proceedings
- Contract disputes
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Equitable subordination actions
- Director and officer claims
- Consumer-protection claims (such as claims under the FDCPA, TILA, and TCPA)
- All other types of adversary actions
We also provide a wide range of other services necessary to protect and enforce the rights and interests of our clients who find themselves as creditors in a bankruptcy. Routinely, we advise our clients of the impact of bankruptcy events on their rights and obligations, as well as their business options resulting from such events. Among the services we provide are:
- Analyzing the likely recovery through bankruptcy
- Preparing, filing and defending proofs of claims
- Obtaining relief from the automatic stay or from any discharge injunction
- Securing adequate protection
- Challenging the dischargeability of debts
- Objecting to reorganization plans
With offices in both Wilmington, Delaware and New York, New York, Marshall Dennehey has a strong presence where the largest corporate bankruptcies are regularly filed. However, our geographic reach goes beyond these venues.
Marshall Dennehey has 20 offices throughout the east coast, with attorneys licensed to practice in neighboring jurisdictions. We are poised to efficiently see to your needs in no fewer than 10 states, and if need be, we are also able to partner with local counsel in other venues to provide you with nationwide representation. New York – New Jersey – Pennsylvania – Delaware – Ohio – Florida – Maryland – Connecticut – West Virginia – Kentucky.