Database Administrator – Philadelphia, PA
The law firm of Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin seeks a full time Database Administrator to join its growing Center City Philadelphia office.
As a member of the Application Development Services team, the Database Administrator is responsible for care and feeding of the firm's Microsoft SQL Server environment and shares responsibility for maintenance of many data-centric systems, such as the firm's accounting system and document management systems.
This position is a member of the Information Technology team based in the firm's Philadelphia headquarters and reports to the Manager, Application Development Services.
This job is in compliance with Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law. http://www.marshalldennehey.com/media/pdf-articles/BTB%20POSTER%20FINAL_3-9-16.pdf
- Primary IT support of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL databases, including data integrity, availability, backups, sizing and provisioning, performance tuning and monitoring, and related standards and procedures
- Data integrity and availability, including monitoring and creation of backups and maintenance of High Availability server installations
- Database maintenance, including sizing and provisioning; index maintenance; and monitoring of logs and consistency checks
- Database design, tuning, and troubleshooting for SQL applications
- User and database security
- Installation and configuration of new SQL Server environments as required
- Relevant standards, best practices, and policies for SQL and the SQL Server environment
- Primary responsibility for data integration and data transfer jobs using SSIS, DTS, Aderant Generic Importer, and other technologies as needed
- Assists with support of the firm's Aderant accounting system and related applications such as the data warehouse, conflicts, collections, and time entry applications
- Assists with database design, tuning, and troubleshooting for custom SQL applications
- Assists IT and Finance personnel with database queries and financial reports as needed
- Researches applicable technologies and solutions; evaluate products and make reasonable recommendations for improvements to IT management
- At least 3 years experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later in an administrative role, with an understanding of clustering and availability technologies such as Always On
- Excellent understanding of SQL, including demonstrated ability to build SQL Servers, databases, backup and recovery plans, queries, integration packages (DTS/SSIS), views and stored procedures
- Ability to provide high-quality documentation for technical systems; experience in building and/or maintaining standards and procedures
- Knowledge of one or more reporting platforms including either Crystal Reports or SSRS
- Exceptional work ethic: strong sense of ownership of personal and team work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
- Good interpersonal skills: respectful and team-oriented, customer-focused, receptive to feedback and embracing continuous improvement
- Law firm or professional services experience is preferred
- Experience with Powershell and/or .NET Development is a plus
Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com for consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/M/F/D/V.
Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin
2000 Market Street, Suite 2300
Philadelphia, PA 19103